Tuesday, August 7, 2012

T-1 week

One week from now the family and I will be well on our way to Canada for Ironman Mont Tremblant on 8/19.  Training is effectively over.  One more week of easier workouts before hitting the road.

Training has not been at all what I had envisioned going in, and will be very happy when sunday night rolls around and this particular journey is over.  I'm certain it will be my last Ironman, regardless of how it plays out.

The training itself isn't that hard.  It's everything else.  And trying to find balance.  Ironman and balance don't seem to fit together.  But I have enjoyed it for the most part, the training.  And I do so like racing.  So I'm certain I will continue to tri, I just don't think I have it in me to do this again anytime soon.

So IM-Mont Tremblant, less than two weeks.  I have some thoughts on goals and times, but honestly, I have no idea how race day will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment