Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blue



1996 Klein Pulse Comp
Cleaned up and prepped for the Chequamegan Fat Tire 40

Blue, aka the tractor, is/was my first mountain bike.  I bought it shortly after college and rode it quite a bit the first year or two, then it sat for a long time before being resurrected when I began training again for Ironman.  I've fallen off this bike more often than I care to admit, including several over the bar dismounts and one broken helmet.

It has remained largely stock until about a month ago when I ripped it apart for the first time and put it black together as a single speed.  I have yet to ride it in it's current configuration, but I intend to use it for two purposes.  One, it will be my office bike, something I can ride downtown for lunch or errands.  Second, it will be my bike park bike, Stoughton, Middleton, maybe Quarry Park, and Ray's in the winter if it ever opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment