Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wilson

2008 Felt S22
All decked out and ready to roll the morning of my first half Ironman.

Wilson is my triathlon bike, and at least compared to Blue, is a rocket ship on wheels.  I bought Wilson in the winter of 2008 (MLK day to be exact) after deciding to take on Ironman Wisconsin in 2009.  Knowing what was in my future, the bike earned its name because I knew we'd be spending a lot of time together in the next two years, much like Tom Hanks and his volleyball, also named Wilson, in the movie Castaway.

If I had an additional digit or two in my bank account or my annual salary, I likely would have stripped Wilson down after Ironman and hung the frame up in remembrance. But I don't, and I didn't, so we continue to ride and will likely do another Ironman together in the future.  Maybe after the next one I'll have the basement finished, a spot on the wall reserved, and the means to retire a for the most part perfectly good frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment