Monday, January 3, 2011

Bel

Bel began as a figment of my imagination well over a year ago.  Blue needed some fixing and many of my searches on Ebay for the right parts came back with "vintage" or "retro" in the title.  WTF?  So I started dreaming and searching for a new mountain bike.  29" wheels, disc brakes, decent fork, hardtail.  Those were the criteria.

After a long search I purchased a 2008 Salsa Mamasita frame with a Rockshox Reba SL fork off Ebay.  It was one of several frames I had narrowed my search down to, and the price was way to good to pass up.

Generic 2008 Salsa Mamasita photo, not Bel

And so the build begins, while no longer a complete figment of my imagination, we are still a long way from being done.  Most of the individual parts are now on hand, thanks to the purchase of a second "donor" bike.  Again at a steal of a price, again on Ebay.  I still need a couple of things, brakes being the biggest, but we should be ready to roll long before the snow melts, um, for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment