Wednesday, December 15, 2010

26.2

At this point 26.2 miles seems like a long, long way.  Marathon training starts in about three weeks.  I was supposed to be using the last two months to get in shape for marathon training, but that has largely not happened.  I am in a way looking forward to it.  It's time to get the marathon monkey off my back.  After walking most of the Ironman marathon and then dropping out of last year's Madison marathon I'm beginning to feel like 26.2 is becoming my nemesis.

I intend to do a couple minor things differently training wise:

  - cross train more (ski or bike in all likelihood)
  - longer long runs (lots of 18-20 milers on the plan)
  - eat better (not sure I can do this)

Perhaps my biggest obstacle, I'm going to try and not race the clock, or G and her past marathon times.  I need to finish my first marathon and be happy about running it, regardless of a couple minutes here or there.

No comments:

Post a Comment