Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Favre

I absolutely loved watching Brett Favre play football (for the Green Bay Packers).  I also absolutely hated it when he decided to unretire again and go play for the Jets and then the Vikings.  All that said, while watching his press conference last night after the game, streak ended at 297,  I realized I'm really going to miss watching him play. I still want him to retire, have for probably 5+ years now, but I'm going to miss him.

Years ago when my son was maybe 4 or 5 he was playing mini-ball soccer for the first time.  One morning he scored a goal and immediately threw his arms up over his head in celebration.  It is this youthful exuberance and love of the game that really distinguishes Favre from all others that play the game.  Right down to the end you could really see he loved to play, compete, and win. 

 
I'll miss this enthusiasm.  My son, he tripped over a goal post and fell flat on his face.  Funniest thing you ever saw, once you realized he wasn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment