Wednesday, July 27, 2011

IMMT Athletes

Athletes, that still gives me a chuckle, as I don't really see myself as an athlete.  Couple of years ago, I don't recall which triathlon it was, I was walking into triathlon with my gear getting ready to race, a volunteer at the entrance was repeating "Athletes only in transition".  I walked on in, feeling like I was getting away with something devious, sly smile on my face.

Anyway, the participant list for IMMT has been posted.  Link here.  I have been wanting to see this list since the moment I signed up.  First, to make sure my name was on it, and second, to see how many people from Wisconsin were signed up.  Eleven, including myself.  Not a whole lot, was hoping there might be somebody local I know, nodda.  Hoping maybe I could find someone local to train with also doing IMMT.  Verdict is still out on that, but with only 10 in the pool, the odds are not good.

The list as a whole isn't that surprising, some of the stats:

2550 athletes registered
33 countries represented
1,427 from Canada
903 from the US
102 from Mexico
41 US states represented
110 from NY
77 from CA

Not surprised at all at the numbers for the US and Canada, Mexico is kind of surprising.  After Mexico, only the UK and Germany had double digit quantities of participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment