Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ironman

We are now a two Ironman household.

G, shortly after finishing Ironman Wisconsin Sunday.

Love this picture.  So much joy, moments before it all went to hell and we practically carried her to the med. tent, then the hospital.  Dehydrated, 16 lbs down if I remember correctly (I've heard it now once or twice).  But that's her story, and I'm sure she'll tell it in due time. 

As for me, Ironman spectating from dawn to dusk is hard, physically and emotionally.  Swim and bike were the worst, as there is so much that can happen to an athlete beyond ones own control.  Was so relieved she got through them without major issue.  By the time the run came I was ready for a shower and a nap, but that would have to wait.   I'm super proud of G for her efforts out there on race day.  She is an Ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment