Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sept. Recap

As expected, September took on a drastically different tone training wise from the previous months.

Swim
(insert sound of crickets here)  No change.

Bike
Went from 325 miles in August, primarily on Wilson, to roughly 75 in August.  Wilson didn't make it out of the garage once.  Primary objective of the month for the bike was to keep the legs loose on non-run days.  Soooo, spent most of my time on Bel, some of it wandering the city with the kids, most of it out on the trails tackling shit like this:

Ok, attempting to tackle shit like this.

The above is a rock wall at the Emma Carlin Trail in the Southern Kettles.  You ride it from the background of the picture towards the page.  Funny thing is, first time around I cleared it without issue.  Second time through, I attempted it three times, didn't make it once.  Decided to quit while I was still in one piece.

And so it goes, going to continue having fun on the mountain bikes until the weather no longer allows it.  Then a short break before I put my legs in Jorge's hands for hell on the trainer come winter.  I was serious about becoming a stronger biker this winter.

Run
August - 0 miles.  September 65+ and I'm feeling pretty good about the progress.  The every other day run plan is working out well.  Only missed one planned run (of four miles) the day after Ironman.  Every other run has been done.  Longest run of the month was roughly 8.5 miles.  No intervals, no speed work, not even watching my pace during the runs.  Just trying to build up a good base and prepare for the Tyranena Beer Run.  Things are coming along nicely.

October
Much of the same.  Run in prep for the 1/2 marathon, bike for fun.  Have a hunting trip coming up in a couple of weeks that will likely put a serious halt to the training.  I'll bring my running gear, not sure how likely it'll be that I actually run, although I would like to see what it's like running at elevation.  Buffalo, Wyoming is at ~4,600 feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment