Friday, March 23, 2012

Doubles

Today I did my first double digit run in a long time.  My last 10+ mile run was the Tyranena Beer Run half marathon back at the beginning of November.  By my calculations that was 139 days ago. 
The time itself isn't that significant.  I've been known to go for very long spurts without running at all.  The difference is, in that time, I've actually ran almost exactly 450 miles, without a single one exceeding 10 miles.  That's a lot of miles, 3+ per day on average.

I have to say I'm probably in the best running shape I've ever been in.  I was able to finish today's run fairly strong, but the legs were definitely tired and there is most certainly some residual soreness.  Time to work on the endurance.

At this point I'm almost certainly bagging the half marathon I had planned for next weekend.  I just don't see much upside.  I'm not really trained for it, and I don't need the disruption in training for a week pre/post race.

I still think I'll run a spring half, but maybe in late April or early May after  I've got a couple more good long runs in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment