Sunday, April 1, 2012

30 Days

In a recent post, Steve linked to the site 30 days of biking.  The premise, ride a bike somewhere, anywhere, every day in April.
I like the concept, and apparently need some sort of motivation to kick start by summer biking.  The bike came off the trainer at the beginner of March and hitting the road was a very rude awakening.  I expected to be rocket ship after a winter of interval torture on the trainer. 

I am not.  Not fast, can't climb like a billy goat, and to top it off, no endurance to speak of.

I did manage 333 miles on the bike in March, but it was highly erratic.  100+ miles a week ago, maybe 50 this week.  The weather played a part in the variance, but that's just an excuse.  Need more regularity.  To my biking.

So 30 days of biking it is.  No joke.  In addition to riding everyday, I'm also going to attempt to ride each of my three bikes every week.  Ironman training can get a little monotonous (trinotonous?), mixing in a mountain bike ride and an SS ride every week should keep it a bit more interesting.

The weather today was again uncooperative, by the time it came around I was no longer in the tri bike ride mood.  So to start off the month I headed out on a 10ish mile ride on Blue, my single speed mountain bike.  It was a nice change of pace, riding on fat tires and gravel trails.  29 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment