Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Heat Wave

My love affair with running, wait, that is way to strong, I've never loved running. We've tolerated each other for the most part at best. But this thing, this fall fling I've had with running, it may be coming to an end.

You see, this heat wave came though. Yesterday I ran 4 miles, stopped 6 times. Four for traffic, once at the post office, yes, I actually ran to the post office. And once at the turn around, just cause. Every stop felt completely necessary. It must have been close to 70 degrees out there, and not a cloud in the sky. I know.

Today was more of the same. Five miles, but I only stopped once. Ridiculously hot again, might have actually hit 70, and absolutely no breeze to cool the engine.

I also broke my every other day running deal by running two days in a row. I was behind a day due to a Friday fishing trip with the kids (There is more to life than swim/bike/run), and wanted to get back on track. Mistake, as I have the slightest of shin pains in my right leg. I won't do that again.

This is the first fall where I've actually done any amount of running whatsoever, and I was really starting to enjoy it. Fall was already my favorite season, and running in the cool crisp weather was almost tolerable. Now indian summer has decided to rear it's ugly head and I don't like it. I'll take 45 degrees and sunny any day. Unless I'm on the bike, then 70 sounds about right. Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment