Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Swimming

While watching a rerun of The Big Bang Theory last night, Leonard and Sheldon had the following exchange:

Leonard: I'm just saying that you can't approach this intellectually.
Sheldon: However do you mean?
Leonard: Remember when you tried to learn how to swim from the internet?
Sheldon: I did learn how to swim.
Leonard: Yeah, on the floor.
Sheldon: The skills are transferable. I just have no desire to get in the water.
Leonard: Then why learn how to swim?
Sheldon: The ice caps are melting, Leonard. In the future, swimming won't be optional.


In the future, swimming won't be optional.  That's the line that stuck with me, and reminded me of my inevitable date with the pool.  Less than three weeks, and swimming will no longer be optional, at least according to my own, self imposed training plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment