Sunday, December 11, 2011

da Pool

Made it back to the pool with Mel this afternoon.  Swimming still sucks.  I'm thinking now this every other week swim program isn't going to cut it. 

I really like swimming with the kids.  My endurance isn't to the point where I need, want, or even can swim longer than their attention span or endurance, and I'm no faster than either of them.  Trouble is,  with their schedules, we'll be lucky to be able to do this more than once a week.  The thought of solo time in the pool is not appealing at all.

But today was fun.  Mel tried to teach me how to butterfly.  First was dolphin kick with a board, that was as far as we got.  It wasn't pretty.

The rest was also Mel's choice.  50's mostly.  Free, kick, breast, back, mostly relays (us taking turns doing 50's).  40ish minutes of this and I was done.  I thought running fitness may have carried over to the pool at least a little, not so much apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment