Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Debate


No, not that one. I just did an image search for the word debate and came up with this image, which I liked.   Although as long as we're here, I will say that the older I get, the more I wonder how otherwise seemingly intelligent people can believe in a higher power.  Enough said, I have little interest discussing this matter here.

Over the last 10ish days, I'm amazed at the shear quantity of internal debates that have gone on in my head.  Early in the week there was little debate about a lot of things.  If it was on the floor, it was staying there.  It may as well have been in the middle of New York City.  I wasn't getting it.  Now I'm recovered to the point where I can accomplish most simple tasks with only a minimum of additional pain.  I just need to decide if it is worth it.  Hence the debates.

Monday I returned to work.  My job entails me spending about half the time in the office and the remainder out and about the county.  Yesterday I found myself at one of our sites and having to either put the truck in 4wd or turn around.  Another debate, the shift lever is way down there, on the floor.  Maybe I don't need to drive through the site today.

But I'm feeling better. Today I took a long walk at the landfill.  Nice springish day, sun shining.  Refreshing.  Every step is still measured.  Every move still calculated.  I have a pretty good idea what I can and can't do, or maybe what I will or won't do.  Either way.  I think the end is in sight and I'll be active again soon.

Blue and I still haven't made nice, but it's supposed to hit 60 later this week.  I'm thinking a lazy lunch time ride might be in order to help mend that fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment