Thursday, March 10, 2011

Progress

Two firsts today since my mishap:

1)  I sat up.  That's right, I is a big boy now.  I didn't actually do a sit up, but I sat up.  Previously, if I wanted to get out of bed, it involved rolling over and sort of pushing/pulling myself to the edge of the bed until my feet hit the floor, then pushing myself up. Quite a site I'm sure.

2)  With my new found abilities, I am now sitting on the couch.  I did make the mistake of sitting on the couch early Sunday morning, getting off of it then was an adventure to say the least.  I'm confident that today it will be easier.

Not sure if I'm getting any better or if this new found progress is due to the 4-gallon tub of industrial strength ibuprofen which is now sitting on my nightstand next to the percocet.  Between the two I sometimes feel pretty good, then I try and do something and get put in my place.  Driving is still an adventure, and putting a pizza in the oven tonight almost brought me to my knees.

I really look forward to the day when I'm not constantly looking at the clock wondering when I need to take the next pill.  More than anything, I really want a beer, well aside from being pain free of course.

3 comments:

  1. Well you may not be able to move around pain free, but you sure can kick my butt at poker. gg sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like me when I had separated the cartilage in my ribs -- at two different times. Getting in and out of bed was the worst. There was nothing I could do except let slow healing take place.

    I saw where you live in Wisconsin. I pass nearby when taking the trip from central Illinois up to northern Wisconsin to visit my mother-in-law.

    Good luck (but not too much) in the upcoming blogger tournaments. btw -- DO NOT trust Joe C. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a firm believer that a little alcohol helps the pain meds do their job!

    Bruised/fractured ribs are the worst! Second to stomach surgery (hello, you use your abs for everything) fractured ribs are by far the most painful injury I've had (and I've had a lot).

    IN the meantime, if you want to commiserate over a beer one of these days let me know. Happy healing!

    ReplyDelete