Thursday, January 20, 2011

Royal

Turned what I believe was my first royal flush Tuesday night on Stars, in spades no less.  Was playing in a pot limit omaha high/low tournament, was fairly early.  Was dealt the king and 10 spades, along with an offsuit queen and a smaller card I don't remember. I'm guessing it was an 8 or 9.  Can't imagine what else it would have been where I wouldn't have raised but still play the hand.

Multiway limped pot, flop was the ace and jack of spades, with another small card I don't recall, giving me the nut flush draw (any spade), along with the broadway straight draw (any king, queen, or 10), and the royal flush with the queen of spades.  Three of us got it all in right there, me with the aforementioned draws, one opponent with a set of jacks, and a third with a pair of aces and a crappy low draw.

Queen of spades popped on the turn and the river put another high card out meaning no low.  Always nice to triple up.  Ended up donking off all my chips up shortly after, as usual.

I tried to get a screen shot of the hand, but apparently my computer abilities on this particular night were far exceeded by my card catching ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment