Monday, January 24, 2011

Craptacular

That pretty much sums up my feelings towards week #2 of marathon training.

Craptacular.

In my own defense, it was fucking cold in Wisconsin last week.  Barely into the double digits if we were lucky, usually with a nice wind to boot.  Next week we are supposed to see highs in the mid 20's.  I expect it to feel downright balmy.

To top things off, week 1 took a toll on me.  But that's on me for not getting in shape for this training program.  I felt the best of the week on Saturdays aborted long run.  The wind wasn't that strong, but it was cold.  Earlier in the week I shortened both of my runs slightly, partly because of cold, partly because of what I think were shin splint pains.  But as mentioned, Sunday's outing felt better, it was just to damn cold.  I'm crossing my fingers that the shin split thing will be last weeks news and not a lingering issue.

So a whopping 14.24 miles.  My long run was supposed to be 15, I did 6.  And no cross training this week either.  Craptacular.  I did shovel snow for hours on end Monday, that should count for something.

But the Packers are in the Superbowl and the boy and I are heading to Ray's tomorrow.  It's hard to be too down.  And of course it's going to be warm this week, things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment