Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Itch

After shoveling snow for endless hours yesterday I'm getting it, the itch to ride my bike again, outside, in pleasant weather.

Queen said it very well:

I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like


That pretty much sums it up, and at this point I wouldn't even care which bike or where.  As long as it isn't twelve degrees, snow covered, and windy.  The trainer is even seeming like a viable option, a temporary fix.  Although a return trip to Ray's seems more likely provided I can find time.

As long as we're on bikes, Bel is well on her way to completion.  The final parts are on the way.  The checklist is now short.

 - figure out tubeless tire installation/inflation
 - install/adjust brakes/rotors
 - install cassette/chain
 - connect shift cables
 - adjust shifting

I think that is it, the big stuff anyway.  If I had any inclination I could be riding it anytime soon I'd say this would be a one night, two beer type of job.  But looking outside, I'm sure it will be a 4 week, 12 beer type of effort.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment