Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals - A

A, as in arbitrary.  These are the goals I'm setting for 2012 that are completely arbitrary, but if I hit them, I should be on a good track to hit the more meaningful goals I'll lay out in a later post.  Unless otherwise noted, I intend to hit these numbers prior to IMMT in August.

Swim - 100 miles.  Shouldn't be a problem.  In 2009 training for IM-Wisconsin I came up just short of this number, but was happy with how my swim training prepared me for the race.  I see no reason to spend much more time in the pool this go round.

Bike - 5,000 4,000 miles.  I've gone back and forth on this one a lot.  I really really want to say 5,000 miles by IMMT, but I just don't think it's reasonable.  So let's say 4,000 training for IMMT and 5,000 in total for the year.  It's still a stretch, but I need to set at least one goal that will be tough to hit.

Run - 1,000 miles.  This shouldn't be a problem either.  I've started to build a solid base already this winter and intend to continue this into spring.

That's it, three largely meaningless numbers to target, but like I said, hitting these should put in good shape for IMMT and other more meaningful athletic related goals I have for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment