Thursday, January 12, 2012

Streak

My 2012 running streak may be over.  I had no intention of running every day, for any period of time, but I have run on each of the first 11 days of 2012.  Starting with the 5-mile New Year's Day Dash and including an 8+ mile outing.  11 runs, 45.5 miles in total.

Yesterday I ran in shorts, it was 50 degrees, sunny, no wind. Today it's supposed to top out around 20 degrees, the wind is whipping, and it's started to snow.  We're looking at maybe 6-inches of the white stuff.  This weather in and of itself wouldn't normally be enough to stop me, but I also have a lunch time obligation
today.  Lunch is when I typically run.

So the streak may end.  I'm ok with it.  I may be out running in Stoughton at 6:00 tonight, but it'll have nothing to do with extending the streak one more day :)

1 comment: