Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tired

Got up this morning at the crack of stupid for my first morning swim of the season.  Oddly, I was actually looking forward to it since my eldest was to join me.  So like a kid on Christmas morning I woke up at 4:00 and never really got back to sleep before the alarm went off at 5:00.

Woke boy wonder and we were at the pool by 5:30.  I thought I'd need to push him to get moving but he was in and did 50 yards before I even hit the water.  The swim itself was uneventful.  I was getting tired after about 1,000 yards.  At this point in training I don't see any point in pushing once I feel my form falling apart so I called it a morning after 1,100.

I really enjoy swimming with my kids.  They are both excellent swimmers, and being able to share training time with them is pretty exciting.  P and I discussed it last night and agreed to do this twice a week.  We have a slight disagreement between Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Thursday, but either way I'll do whatever it takes to not have to swim alone.  If I can manage this and mix in one or two weekend swims with them or the whole family, the worst part of Ironman training may just turn into the best part.

Other than being completely out of it at the moment, the worst part of the morning was leaving the pool while it was still dark outside.  I am not a morning person.

1 comment:

  1. "Boy Wonder"?!?!?!?!!!

    Love reading your blogs Rob!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete