Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Six

Six mildly interesting things from my week.

1)  Swim clinic Saturday was very useful.  I apparently can't think and swim at the same time.  When given more than one thing to focus on everything goes to hell.  Regardless, I now have three or four things to work on to improve my stroke.  Focusing on one at a time this should keep me occupied for a good month. 

2)  Still can't flip turn.  If I could figure out the water up the nose thing I might get it, or at least be willing to pursue it further.

3)  Bike tests last week went well.  Both tests brought roughly 20 watt improvements over the previous tests.  My 5 minute power (240 watts) is about where I'd like my 1-hour power to be.  Not sure I can get it there, but going to give it the old college try.  Twenty minute power is at 200 watts.

4)  Took a full day off of swim-bike-run training today.  My first this month.  I did not intend to work out everyday up to this point, it just sort of worked out like this.  

5)  I spent said day off on the mountain bike.  Seven plus hours at Rays Mountain Bike Park in Milwaukee with Patrick.  Lots of fun, nice to pedal a bike and actually have it go somewhere.  Even if it is just round and round inside an old Menards.

6)  Surpassed 100-miles of running for January on Friday night.  At about 106 now with 2 more runs scheduled before the end of the month.  Still liking running.

That's all.  One week down, 29 more until IMMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment